Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Meme!


I'm following Robyn - what can I say?  I have time before my nap...

Here goes.

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? I like both but I'll pick hot chocolate, especially when it's extra creamy and maybe some marshmallows!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I don't remember.  I think Santa might switch things up depending on the time. 

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like colored lights but white lights are much easier.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Let me answer it this way - two teenage daughters with boyfriends.  Moving on.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I used to put things up on Thanksgiving. but sometimes I don't put anything up.  But, tomorrow after church, we're decorating.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cheese straws, sausage balls and fruitcake cookies that my grandmother makes :-).

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I always loved the magic of Christmas and waking up in the morning to Santa having arrived.  I loved the anticipation while we waited for everyone to wake up before we could even see what Santa had brought. 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in 3rd grade and we were riding the bus home.  One of my brother's friends told me and I was devastated.  My brother, who wasn't usually nice to me, said that he had known for a while but he didn't want me finding out. 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Whatever lands on the tree is how it's decorated.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow is much better appreciated from afar.  When we lived in Seattle, we'd go play in the snow and I found I enjoyed the hot chocolate in the warmth of the car more. 

12. Can you ice skate? NO!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My mom has always made Christmas so special.  It's hard to remember one certain Christmas and gift.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? JESUS! I want to make sure my girls are celebrating the birth of Jesus. 

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I don't have just one favorite :-).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The girls are older now but when they were younger, I would love to gather them up, read Twas the Night Before Christmas and the story of Jesus' birth.  After the stories, we'd let them open up one present and then get everything ready for Santa! 

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I give much better than I receive.  But, who doesn't love receiving gifts? 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I'm Switzerland when it comes to candy canes. Totally neutral. (I'm keeping Robyn's answer.)

20. Favorite Christmas Show? A Christmas Story :-)

21. Saddest Christmas Song? One that goes on and on??

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Casting Crowns, While You Were Sleeping.

If you decide to participate, let me know and I'll pop on over (just like Robyn said she'd do!).

MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear friends.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Great Meme Cathy. Love your answers. I always feel like I get to know people better when I read posts like this. I may have to do this one soon.

Carol said...

Saddest Christmas Song: That one about the kid trying to buy shoes for his dying mother.

Unknown said...

Oh Carol - You're right! I think I was trying to put all of those out of my mind!

Mocha with Linda said...

What a great meme! #4 made me laugh out loud!

And yeah, I'm with Carol: The Christmas Shoes gets me every time!

Cathy said...

BTW you have an award at my blog. Check it out and claim it when you have time.