Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm here!

I'm in no mans land. A place where capris are on every woman and smiles on every face. I'm in San Antonio!!! Pretty soon, I'll be getting all dolled (ha ha ha no, I won't because I don't know how to doll up, but that's a blog for another day) and heading over to the Alamodome to pick up my Siesta Fiesta armband and grab a seat!

I had a good flight over here. I spotted some ladies in capris when I was switching planes and found out they were from Birmingham too! We had a long layover in Memphis, and it was really nice to have some peeps to talk to.

We rode a shuttle to our respective hotels and ran into more Siestas! One of them has had Mama Siesta stay in her house! I felt like I was in the presence of royalty, I tell you.

I've walked around and almost gotten lost in the square area. It's hot outside! While walking around, I spotted more groups of women wearing capris and ventured to talk to some of them. I pegged it - they were going to see Mama Siesta too!

I had to log on and get my instructions for the SF armband thingy so I thought I'd post real quick about my trip. Oh, by the way, I've had almost little to no sleep (maybe 2 hours last night; a short nap on the flight; and that's it). I betcha I stay awake all night tonight and tomorrow night!

I can't wait to meet some new friends (even though it's hard for someone so shy like myself).

*hugs*


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy -- sounds like your weekend started out wonderfully! can't wait to hear the rest of the story,