Sunday, November 2, 2008

More prayer - but for Mama Siesta (Beth Moore) :-)

When I participated in a Beth Moore's Breaking Free bible study, one of the things I learned (and haven't put into practice like I should) was to replace the poisonous arrows of satan's negativity and my own negative self talk with promises from God's word. I pulled out my notecards yesterday and have been reciting them and every other promise that pops up from His word for the last 2 days. I don't remember ever being in a spiritual battle such as this, but it makes sense...we've started a new prayer study at church and I prayed that God use me in anyway to bring Him glory and to let His light shine through me. (God doesn't give us a spirit of fear, but prayers like that do sort of make me quake in my boots.) I also seem to have a slight problem of putting people up on pedestals where they certainly don't belong. They will only disappoint me. I think I gotta dual issues happening.

So, anyway, I appreciate the prayers, love and support I've received from all of you. And, if you want to continue the prayers, love and support for me, I'm all for it. BUT, my Mama Siesta is about to start filming the updated Breaking Free series and she is asking for prayer warriors! If you feel so inclined, please go over and sign up!

I wrote last week or so what Beth Moore's ministry has meant in my life and how it has helped propel me in a relationship with God like never before, so it my honor and pleasure to link to her website in hopes that others will sign up and pray!

Mama Beth - I love you and pray for you in your ministry work. I know the battles I face and I can't even begin to imagine the ones you do. Thank you for showing us the way and battling those forces so we may know Him!




For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

0 comments: