Monday, December 22, 2008

Uh-oh Charlie Brown!

Poor Charlie Brown! He's got a sad little tree and no gifts.
Reminds me of someone else I know...ME! We have a tree with ONE ornament: Starbucks coffee cup that Kristen was given. I had two gifts from my grandmother under the tree, but there was food inside the gift (I didn't know), and my dog attacked and destroyed the bags trying to get the cookies out. We might be able to do some shopping tonight, but I gotta admit, I'm really tired!

Hey, if nothing else, there's always shopping on Christmas eve...at least I'll be off that day *sigh*. The girls are getting $$ but I still have to see what Santa will bring them for their stockings. And then I have to buy my mom's gift and get something for James. I think his nephew and brother will be at the house on Christmas, so we need something for them too! (I'm really trying to remain calm. It's only presents, for Pete's sake!) (I've never waited this late before and wouldn't have wait this late now but there were a few circumstances beyond my control - like no $$$!!!) *sigh* breathe in breathe out....
MERRY CHRISTMAS!




“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always loved Charlie's sad little tree! Hope you got that shopping done. :)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I'm so thankful that no matter what the tree looks like or if it is littered or void of presents, that the glorious meaning of the season is never dulled or lost. I hope you had a Merry Christmas after all...a Charlie Brown ending. :-)