Friday, February 27, 2009

Are you a Human Doormat?


Obviously this rings true for me to some degree or I wouldn't be posting it. I have trouble with being passive aggressive or just being a doormat. I cannot seem to figure out the fine line of being assertive and being a ****** (you know...). You know how Paul had the thorn in his side that God would not take away? Well I have a few of those and this is one of them. (Although, to be fair, I've never asked God to take it away. Maybe that's why the prayer hasn't been answered!)


I thought I'd share this little article with you because maybe it reasonates with you as well.


Today's Meditation - Are you a human doormat?
by Meditations, on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:49am PST
By Jane Powell - http://www.meditationsforwomen.com/"Assertiveness is a matter of self-respect."When you trust your assertiveness, you have the ability to express yourself and the ability to communicate your feelings, wants and needs. You are less dependent on others and more in control of your own life.When you assert yourself, you make your own choices. You make room for your confidence to explode. Practice confident assertion by saying, "Yes" to the things you want to do and, "No" to the things you don't.Don’t be afraid or feel guilty for asserting yourself. You have nothing to lose. You will only become stronger and more self-sufficient and in turn your self-respect and self-worth will shine!©

Meditations for Women



“I assure you: If anyone says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, all the things you pray and ask for—believe that you have received them, and you will have them." Mark 11:23-24 (HCSB)

1 comments:

Carolina Mama said...

Thanks for visiting and foryour prayers for Pray It Friday prayer chain. God is good and I appreciate your encouragement. God Bless.