Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In

 
Ok, I realize it's not Wednesday and it's been a wee bit since I've posted one of these. But here I am on Tuesday - just to keep you on your toes!  My schedule has been jam packed with things and I've been going to Weight Watchers on Monday (or not going at all).  So, drum roll please, I've lost another 1.4 lbs, making my total weight loss: 8 lbs!  (A lady last night had lost 8 lbs just that week...it's slow going when you have hypothyroidism, but because I've been losing for the past few weeks, I'm thinking my medicine and my bod are starting to communicate.)  I'm proud of myself for perservering.  I think when I go to India, I'll be on the quick drop weight loss plan ;).

I shall leave you with a recipe from Weight Watchers honoring my upcoming trip:




Chicken Tikka Masala
POINTS® Value: 7
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Ingredients



2/3 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 small jalapeno pepper(s), minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
8 oz canned tomato sauce
1 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 cup(s) cooked white rice, basmati, kept hot

Instructions

  • To prepare chicken, in a large bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.

  • Preheat outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or nonstick skillet.

  • Skewer chicken pieces onto four metal or wooden skewers. Grill or cook skewers in a hot skillet until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently, about 5 to 7 minutes. (Make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.)

  • To make sauce, heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet (or wide saucepan) over medium heat. Add remaining minced garlic clove and jalapeno; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add remaining teaspoon of cumin and paprika and stir to coat. Add tomato sauce and evaporated milk, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

  • Remove grilled chicken from skewers. Add to tomato mixture and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve with rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of rice per serving. 
© 2009 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2009 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used
under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

That recipe looks good. I've committed to starting again. I've been walking this week every morning (of course it's only Tuesday! lol). And we have a WW program starting at work next Tuesday. So here I go again!

Congrats on your 8lb loss. Way to go!