Monday, November 1, 2010

If I...I will by Debbie Covington (Guest Post)

Thank you for the post from Debbie Covington. She's the author of the new book "If I...I Will" (info below)

The Lord Closed the Door!

I love this image of the doors*. Presently I am reading the Chronological Bible and loved the reading from Genesis 7 about Noah boarding the ark. It is the story of Noah receiving all his instructions from God about what he is to do. A verse that jumped out at me this time was the verse – Then the Lord closed the door behind them.

How often I've wondered why it seemed like a missed opportunity or a chance just went away. Well, it hit me that God probably closed the door behind me! God took care of Noah and his valuable load on the ark and He takes care of us. Whether He is closing a door or opening the door He is in charge, if we allow Him to open and shut the doors.

Don't you love the image above? Place God in your home, office, or other places today and allow Him to open and close the right doors for you. I love the image of some being opened and others closed—after all, only God knows the right way to open and close the next door in our journey!

Happy openings and closings,

Debbie Covington


Debbie Sutton Covington writes and speaks on women in the church. She is also the founder of Journey of Sisters, a ministry that encourages women in their walk in faith through weekly devotionals, monthly newsletters, and fellowship opportunities. Debbie and her husband Kenny and their dogs live in Shreveport, Louisiana.

About If…I Will
If I…I will: simple words, but do we ever move past the “ifs” in our lives? Do we know in our hearts and minds that God indeed will help us to achieve our dreams and goals? If I…I Will is an insightful look at the healing of the suffering woman in Mark 5 whom Jesus healed. And just like that suffering woman, we must step past our suffering, the words we may hear, our own thoughts, and the crowds around us to reach for Jesus. What if we reach Jesus? Will He change our lives forever? Will He heal us? Yes, indeed! Maybe Jesus won’t follow the way we envision the healing or the change to happen, but faith in Jesus will forever change us. So, step out and reach for Jesus’ hand, and begin the adventure of a lifetime.


Purchase If I…I Will on Amazon.


If I…I Will Virtual Book Tour
November 1 – November 5, 2010
Coordinated by Rachel Randolph at RedCouch PR

November 1
A Room Without Books Is Empty
Latte With Me
Nikole Hahn’s Journal
Of Sound Mind Spirit
November 2
Nikole Hahn’s Journal
November 3
MiscMayzee
What You Reading Now?
All Grown Up?
Books+Beach=Escape
Hope & Despair Mingled Together
November 4
A New Kind of Normal
November 5
Life in Review
Mel’s World
Book Reviews by Molly
Double the Blessings
  
Thank you Red Couch PR and Debbie Covington for the preview copy of the book!


*Thank you to this site for the beautiful picture of the door (which is not what Ms. Debbie had in her post, but I couldn't get the copy of it) http://www.mccullagh.org/photo/1ds-14/weathered-red-door.

1 comments:

debbie said...

Cathy,

I wanted to thank you for allowing me to guest post on your blog and also your posting information about the book! I appreciate all your help and know by looking through your blog that God is using your site to help other women! Praise God and keep up the good work!!! Thanks again for helping out a sister!

Sweet blessings,
Debbie