Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I am Second - Forgiven

Earlier, I posted about the new book from I am Second - you can read about the I am Second movement and book here.

One of my favorite stories in the New Testament is the story of a woman walks in and pours a year’s wages worth of perfume on Jesus’ feet. A woman known in her community not for her generosity or goodness but for being a “sinner”—the kind of woman found on late-night street corners. Her scented offering became the expression of her faith, of her desire and gratitude for the forgiveness that Jesus brought. She used her tears and her hair to wipe His feet clean. She gave much because she was forgiven much. Luke 7:36-50


I can relate to people who are broken and who have done things in their lives to cover up or mask hurt and pain by doing something that momentarily feels good -- only later to regret those decisions or actions -- to be ashamed of things I have done to feel like if people knew who I really was or what I had been, they would not want to associate with me. To look at myself and just think "Why? Why are you trying to destroy yourself?"

And then, in the midst of all of that - I find that I am loved and I am forgiven. That because of Jesus and his sacrifice, my sins, my dirtiness, my poor decisions and actions, my past, present and future sins are wiped away. That not only are they wiped away but my life is a testimony to what God can do in a life given to Him. Oh, I get weepy just thinking about how much He has done for me. Jesus, I am Second.

Jesus knew the greater the sinner, the greater the appreciation for the beauty of forgiveness. No matter our sin, no matter our history, our mistakes or our struggles, Jesus offers forgiveness.  No life is too tattered, no soul too battered, no heart is too dirtied to be saved by the forgiveness of Jesus.


Your sins are forgiven. . . . Your faith has saved you; go in peace.
—Luke 7:48, 50

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I Loved it....and your blog too!! So glad you are a part of my blog!! I want to find out about the movement you spoke about...
Blessings....
Jenny

Unknown said...

I Loved it....and your blog too!! So glad you are a part of my blog!! I want to find out about the movement you spoke about...
Blessings....
Jenny