Saturday, October 25, 2008

I probably shouldn't have...


First of all, I just have to say that there is a darn Woody woodpecker eating the wood on my house RIGHT NOW! Knock knock knock, he goes and GRRRRRRRRRRR, I go! I don't know how to get rid of him and he needs to GO AWAY!!!

Anyway, on to the post...Well, it's Saturday. I wanted to sleep in today but that wasn't in the books for me. My oldest told me yesterday that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES was she going to pick up my youngest from the youth leader's house (Ms. Pam who is FABULOUS!). Guess what time she had to be picked up? EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT in the morning! (I'm really going crazy on the CAPS, huh? I think it's Woody. He's frustrating me.)

*breathe in breathe out*

I woke up at 8:00 and threw on jammie bottoms, a sweatshirt over my tshirt, my black puppy paw socks and my knockoff dark blue crocs. I'm pretty certain I didn't brush my hair. I drove over to Ms. Pam's and went inside, had some breakfast and then we headed back home. Well, about an hour later, Kristen decided she wanted to go over to a friend's house, so we head back out. I'm thinking while I'm out, I'll stop at the library. I want some new books to read. So, being ever fearful I'll embarrass a child, I ask Kristen if I look ok to go to the library. She said she saw nothing wrong with how I looked. (Side note - make Kristen an eye appt.)

Well, I did go to the library, and I did get some books. But, in retrospect, I really shouldn't have gone out in public, but I did! What if someone nominated me to be on What Not to Wear and there was some secret footage happening? Oh the horror at being photographed in this "outfit". Does anyone else ever go out looking this un-put-together?

Hey, I got a nifty little email and I'd like to share it with you. I'm not real sure how I got the email, but I'm glad I did. It was an email for a free book! (Did they see me at the library and thought maybe I should just stay home???) The email recommends sharing the link for the book, so here you go! Jumble Pie by Melanie Lynne Hauser -- FUN! I just got my book (hey Woody isn't bugging me - my writing has calmed down a bit), but I haven't started reading yet. I hope you like it!

I guess that's all I got for now. After Tim Gunn's Guide to Style (oh he'd be ashamed of me too) is over, I'm thinking it'll be time to curl up with a book and read.

I hope you're having a great Saturday! How I wish I could be hanging out with you. (I'm certain I need some real life friends to hang out with...)


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

9 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Stacey and Clinton have us all afraid of the secret footage!

Unknown said...

I froze up on the name and couldn't think of CLINTON...how could I forget that? (I think it had something to do with Woody.)

Anonymous said...

I tried the link for the free book and it is broken :( I'm feeling good that I figured it out without calling my daughter the programer. The link in the post is http://www.blogger.com/www.MelanieLynneHauser.com/JumblePie I just went to www.MelanieLynneHauser.com/JumblePie and got my copy, it looks like a great read.

Cathy said...

You crack me up girl!! I've gone to 2 Half-Price Bookstores today and bought myself 3 books. I found Fireproof for $8. I almost bought it last week at the regular store for $13 or $14. I'm glad I waited. Also got 2 Christian Romance Books. Good reading coming up for me too. Hope you enjoy your reading today. Let us know if your free book is good.

Unknown said...

Betty thank you for letting me know. I got it fixed!

Cathy - I'm almost through with my first book. It's a prequel in the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson! (And, ummmm, I'm still in my jammies...)

Unknown said...

Too Cute! I"m so glad I found your blog! You're like a breath of fresh air!!

Susanne said...

So sorry, Cathy. Didn't mean to weird you out by leaving a comment in my hubby's profile. That was me up there with the "breath of fresh air"!!! HE HE HE!!!

Unknown said...

Susanne - I was happy to have a comment *heee heee heee*, but thank you for the clarification!

Cathy said...

I love the O'Malley books by Dee Henderson. I've ever read or listened to them all on tape. Actually I think I've gone through the series twice. Very very good!!