Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's bathe them in prayer...


I'm not a politician, nor do I have staunch political views. On this day, however, I want to be obedient to prayer for our incoming leadership. 1 Timothy 2:2 says: "Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God."

Max Lucado has a prayer guide for people on his website. I encourage you to go there, if you aren't sure how to pray for our leaders, and follow the guide. (That's what I've done!) Remember, good things happen when people pray :-).

Also, you are given an opportunity to add your own prayer at the Living Proof Ministries blog.
I know today is a huge day in our Nation's history. I am not sure why I feel so compelled to pray for our leadership but I am and I want to share these feelings with others. Sometimes, I think we forget to pray for the ones who lead and guide us, and I just want to help spread the word.
Today, I pray for our incoming president the following:

Our fight is not against people on earth, President Elect Obama, but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly word. President Elect Obama, Prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Remember that God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them.

I pray that the God of peace will give you every good thing you need so you do what He wants. Father, Keep them safe from the evil one.

Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.

(Eph. 6:12, Eph. 6:19, Luke 18:7, Hebrews 13:20 ~ NCV)




“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Excellent words, my friend.

Lora said...

Cathy, I've been compelled to pray for our leadership too. I'm pasting the prayer the Lord gave me for our new president:
Lord,
Your Word says You hold the hearts of kings in Your hand
I trust You today as we have a new president in our land
What beauty and pageantry we see in the inauguration
In Your sovereignty, a new leader is appointed for our nation
Lord, may we truly look with eyes of compassion
And keep our differences and tongues from lashing
In love Lord, You have created every man
Help our new president to know Your eternal plan
I want the President to love You, God, with all his heart
Do a great and mighty work Lord, here at the official start
May the President lean on You in all situations
And pour out Your wisdom Lord, as he leads our nation
For President, Michelle, Malia and Sasha Obama
Guide them Lord and keep them from trauma
Eternity Lord is set in their hearts
Fill them with Your Spirit from the very start
Draw the Obama family to Your side
Give them wisdom as their daily guide
Your Word, Lord, is True
We are totally relying on You
We ask Lord for Your blessing on our great land
And pray that true to You, our new leaders will stand
God bless America, home of the red, white and blue
Draw all who don't know You, straight to You.

In the Mighty, All Powerful, Omnipotent Hand of the Great I AM,
Amen