Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Third Day on the 3rd Day: Comedy Edition


Third Day on the 3rd Day: Comedy Edition
I realize it's a little 4 days past the 3rd, but I had a somewhat amusing story about Third Day to share!


Every year Birmingham has a huge non-profit music showcase called City Stages. There are more than 40 acts during its three day run in June. There are multiple staging areas that feature similar bands. In 2007, we had bought tickets from The Basement, which is where my teen and her friends were enjoying a very contemporary and youthful worship experience. (It is a little loud for my aging ears, so I didn't attend as often. Also, I get a little antsy around big crowds and the crowd grew larger and larger each week at The Basement.)


SO, since we had tickets AND I didn't like crowds, my daughter's friend's mom offered to take my kids to support Matt Pitt and The Basement! I was very thankful! (Seriously, looking at all these clips of The Basement and I'm blown away again by Matt Pitt's testimony and ministry! Wow!)


When the girls got home, I asked who all they had seen. I was sort of new in the faith and I was just starting to listen to Christian music and know who the various artists were. So, when my 12 yo daughter told me she had seen some Three Days Grace. Well, of course, I thought she meant Third Day! I said something to the effect about how I liked their music and wished I had heard them. I think when I told my husband about it, he started laughing. Something to the effect of..."Honey, Three Days Grace isn't a Christian band. As a matter of fact, they are the opposite." :O:O:O Imagine my horror!


I would think that neither band would want to be confused with the other. I'm shuddering chuckling thinking about it. You can see how a newbie would get confused though!

Anyway, that's my Third Day story. It's funny, right?

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Cathy,
I know I should just let this go but the girl wants the attention and then dogs those who give it to her.

Leslie said...

Hee, hee! Don't want to mix those two up!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my first giveaway! Good luck!

Cathy said...

Thanks for the post. I try to keep my blog on the everyday. The kids fell out of tree, the dog and her cute bows, thousand pics of flowers and clouds but something got to me about her. I will let her go. I can't believe that myself and my coworker are the only ones that thinks she's off but anyways. About the illnesses. A few months ago a posted about some of my health issues and I kind of felt like your post. The doctors (4 of them) couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I was as confused as my readers whether I was dying of cancer or had arthritis..big difference. That's why after those posts I quite and made a blog or mostly a personal journal for me of my wacky health problems. I didn't want the pitty I was just trying to reason with it myself and my blog is my vent. Well, again thanks for the post and I am on to new pics of how to clean a toilet or something..lol

kristy mae said...

Yay I finally got the comment box to pop up!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm going to hop over to twitter and follow you :)