Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decision to made about McShane's leg...

The surgeon has recommended an amputation of McShane’s leg because the muscle that was moved around during his first surgery is dying. In lieu of amputation, McShane could have another type of surgery where they take a muscle from his back and put it in his leg (to replace the dying muscle). Mike has to make a decision today. Last I heard, he's waiting to see a pathology report that should be ready today, and he’s leaning towards amputation. McShane said he would like to keep his leg, but understands if he can’t. Can you even imagine? (I hope you can’t.)

Without stating the obvious…I’m not male, nor is this my son or daughter going through all of this. I can’t imagine the stigma of not having a leg and maybe legs means more if you’re a male. As a mother, I would just want what is best for my child and I would follow the surgeon’s advice ~ especially when he said “If this was my son, I would amputate his leg.”

My heart hurts for them. I’m tender about all the things they are going through that I have so many prayers that I just can’t seem to put them in words to share with anyone. I’ve asked for a lot of prayer during this situation and I honestly appreciate the fact that you allow me to ask. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart. So, instead of asking for someone sorta specific, I’m just asking you to pray as you feel lead. May God bless you and smile down on you for interceding on their behalf.