Monday, July 20, 2009

Banjara Gypsies and Me!

Can you envision a land where cows are holy, animal sacrifices are a weekly occurrence and human cremations take place daily? Because God called me to go, in November, I will be going to India with e3 Partners Ministry in November of this year. e3 Partners’ purpose is to personally live and corporately exist to extend the Kingdom of God and to exalt His glory by their lives, their witness and their Mission. Their mission is to equip God’s people to evangelize His world and establish His church … thus, e3!

My time in India will be spent traveling to “thandas”, or villages and sharing the gospel with an unreached people group called Banjara Gypsies. The Banjara are tribal people that live in remote villages and worship many gods such as rocks, trees, cows … anything but the One True God. Only 12% of the men and 3% of the women can read, so they are oral learners. We follow up with new believers during the week and share God’s Word using The Proclaimer, an audio New Testament in their own language! Those that have been to India have told us that when the Banjara hear the Word of God for the very first time, they listen intently, comprehend it, and answer questions afterwards.

I'm excited about the opportunity and experience that lie ahead. As you can imagine, a trip like this requires financial support from a number of people and I need to raise $3,600 in a short amount of time. If you can support me in a financial way, I would be very grateful. (No amount of donation is too small. You’d be surprised how God can use $5.)

Most importantly, I also need your prayer support. Prayer is the fuel that will allow us to be successful as we follow God's leading in ministry in these countries. Without prayer, nothing will happen. You can sign up to receive daily, weekly or monthly emails to help prepare the team for the trip.

We are living in difficult economic times, but God’s economy never changes. He told us to GO, and so I trust that He will provide. If you would like to be part of this mission through your financial support, send a check made out to e3 Partners and return it to me in the enclosed envelope. e3 will send you a tax receipt. If you would like to be part of the prayer team, please email me at cathydavis2005@yahoo.com and let me know if you’d like to receive emails daily, weekly or monthly.

Here is a great website with more information about the trip than I can ever provide. I cannot even begin to tell you how huge of a step of faith going on this trip is for me. Of all the places I saw myself serving, this wasn’t it! I’m so appreciative of any support you can provide. I will wait until after I return from my trip to send any type of thank you so I can share my experiences with you. I’m just so amazed God can use me for anything (but still, India??)!

Because they haven't heard,

Cathy Davis
Acts 1:8
(Online donations accepted - just email me!)

0 comments: