Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July America! mmMmmMmmm the smell of freedom is great! My soldier just woke up and we're going to spend the day doing... who knows?

I think this evening we're going to Morgan Creek Winery for their 4th of July celebration. I found out about it thanks to a post on Alabama Bloggers.







On Roy Lessin's site, he has written a prayer for our Nation that I wanted to share. (Seriously, have you checked out his site? He's a co-founder of Dayspring and he's such a godly writer!)

Prayer

You may not be mighty, but you can pray and see situations change by the hand of Him who is almighty; You may not be influential, but you can pray and ask Him who raises up one ruler and puts down another to have His way in the affairs of men; You may not know how to comfort or encourage someone who is hurting, but you can pray and touch the heart of Him who is the Father of all comfort; You may not know how to protect yourself from evil, but you can pray and allow God to be your shield and defender. You may not have a lot of resources, but you can pray and receive what you need from the treasure house of Him whose resources are unlimited.

A Prayer For America

Lord, make our country strong in Your hands. May our goals be shaped by Your will; may our resolve be based in Your truth; may our resources be used for Your glory and the good of others. Cover us with grace, shield us with mercy, and motivate us with love. Lord, we know that as a land, a nation, and a people, there is nothing greater than Your presence with us and Your favor upon us. May we move ahead with faith and reliance upon You in all things and at all times. May we live in such a way that pleases You and blesses America.

He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
Psalm 102:17 [KJV]

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight. Proverbs 15:8 [KJV]

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1 [KJV]

The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. Psalm 145:18 [KJV]

I pray you'll have a safe and _______ [fill in the blank to whatever you'd like to have in that second spot].

My daughter comes home fromCosta Rica tomorrow night!!!

5 comments:

Lianne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always good to meet other Alabama blog friends!

I am proud to see that there are other Christians praying for our country. I think we need it more right now than ever before.

By the way, "howdy" from your newest follower! :) Have a blessed 4th!

Southerner said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are celebrating the 4th with some of our oldest friends. We met in AL, but they visited us when we lived near Destin each year. I am always amazed at the number of fellow sisters in Christ that are in blogland. I never expected that, I thought I would be the odd one out. Happy 4th!

Cathy said...

Happy 4th of July Cathy!!!!!

Stacey said...

Hope you enjoyed the festivities at Morgan Creek. We have not been but I'm hoping we'll get a chance to check it out soon! ~ AL blogger

Holly said...

I love Roy Lessin's writings. I have a framed poem of his in my quiet time spot.

The Costa Rica picture with your daughter is wonderful!!

Have a great day, Cathy!