Saturday, October 10, 2009

Prayers for India trip!

And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied
greatly in Jerusalem , and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith.”
Acts 6:7
 
Pray that God would multiply greatly the number of disciples in the Banjara people group.


“But there will be no gloom for her who was in anguish….”
[Isaiah 9:1a]
 
Long ago, another people dwelt in deep darkness.  Yet God, the LORD of hosts
voiced deliverance from oppression, slavery, and the darkness for them and the generations who followed.
 
In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the latter time he has made glorious the way of the sea, the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations.  2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. [Isaiah 9:1b-2]
 
Today we pray for “the land beyond”; the land and people we know as Banjaraland and the Banjara gypsies of Andhra Pradesh
 
We pray and ask You LORD God to send the Helper to announce Your calling and conviction to these people of the land:  conviction regards their sinfulness;  conviction of their unrighteousness before You; and, conviction of the truth that judgment and wrath has been laid upon all earth dwellers and the rulers and authorities they have worshipped and idolized.   Your Word declares  “And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.” [John 16:8-11]
 
Moreover, we ask Your Spirit prepare us as we come to India with the message of hope; with the message regards the name above all others!
 
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
   and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor,

Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

[Isaiah 9:6-7]
 
-          In Jesus’ name, AMEN
 
 

3 comments:

PJ said...

Hi Cathy! You sound like an awesome lady! I hope someday that my blog will touch people the way yours always seems to touch me. For some reason, after reading your blog, (and I Read it, I don't skim), I tear up. I know it's God touching my heart when I'm reading and putting His words in to my heart through you.

How much is that book? I can't get it right now, but I am definitely interested. I also was curious as to where or how you got your "Search the Bible" addition. Is it a gaget? I looked through all the gagets for my blog, and all I keep finding in that way are "prayers", or inspirational thoughts, but no Search. Also, I wanted to ask you if you would be offended if I were to put that on my blog. It is such an impotant tool for any Christian writing. I read the Bible on line, and I use the "Search the Bible" tool quite often. It would definitely gear people toward reading the Word, I think. So, if you don't mind (if you do, I understand, just tell me)please let me know where you got your "Search the Bible" and if you have any objections to me adding it to my blog.

God Bless You!

PJ

PJ said...

Hey Cathy! Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

PJ

PJ said...

That trip sounds awesome! What is e3Partners? I know you will be blessed by this trip and I know that they will be blessed by your presence. You sound like the kind of person who really lets God shine through you! God Bless and my prayers will be with you. How long will you be gone? Will you still be blogging while your there? I hope so. Keep us updated.

Love ya!

PJ