Monday, December 21, 2009

Cake Wrecks: Ho Ho Horrors and more!

Do you follow Cake Wrecks either through the blog, Facebook or twitter?  If so, you know that the creaters are featuring a charity every day to help raise awareness and more importantly money for certain charities.  If I had the time, I'd be linking everything for you, but I don't.  (I shouldn't even be looking at the internet right now!)

I'm telling you because my family & I lost everything we owned in a housefire when I was 11, but we did NOT lost each other, unlike this family....I know times are tight this year for you and for everyone, however, if we each give a little ($1) it can potentially add up to a lot.  Will you give?

(Even if you can't give, you should take a daily look at Cake Wrecks.  It's good stuff!)

From Cake Wrecks:
Today's charity is something different, so I hope you'll bear with me. You see, on Tuesday night 27-year-old Amanda Buckland lost her husband, her 4-year-old son, her 8-month-old daughter, and everything they owned in a house fire. (The house they'd recently begun renting had no smoke detectors.) She and her 12-year-old stepdaughter only escaped thanks to a quick-thinking neighbor with a ladder.  (Added by Cathy - You can read about the story online.)

Take a second and think about that level of loss. I, for one, cannot even begin to fathom it.

So today, John and I are donating to the Buckland Family Trust, which was set up by Amanda's employer. I hope you'll join us by donating your dollar, too.

Go to CakeWrecks to donate and see the other links.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, Welcome to my blog :)
Glad you popped over.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathy, Ok that link worked, Thanks :)

Cathy said...

Since the next few days are going to be crazy I want to wish you all a early Merry Christmas.. thanks for letting me view your life and visiting mine.

Cathy