Friday, December 4, 2009

God is Glorified!


Report from India!

So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and they increased in numbers daily. Acts 16:5

Pray that God would glorify Himself by igniting a church planting movement of biblical (Acts) proportions by planting new churches daily in Banjara thandas (villages).

God's pleasure revealed -- praise Him all His children!

For the LORD will not forsake his people, for his great name's sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you a people for himself. [1 Samuel 12:22, ESV]

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes.
All nations surrounded me;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
They surrounded me like bees;
they went out like a fire among thorns;
in the name of the LORD I cut them off!
I was pushed hard, so that I was falling,
but the LORD helped me.
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
[Psalm 118:8-14]

Though each village is surrounded by those hostile to the Gospel - Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, tribal animists, communists called Maoists - His truth was declared in the thandas (villages) surrounding Hanamkonda and Khammam and received. God has become our salvation!

Specifically, from the 15th - 20th of November in Hanamkonda, we (IN09K) were privileged to see 3,163 hear the gospel; to see 115 receive and profess faith in Christ as Lord and Savior; to individually disciple 111 of those new believers; to gather together during the week (after the initial proclamation of the gospel) 1,976 believers and seekers for teaching and preaching; and to plant 14 new church fellowships during our week there. Thank You Lord God!

(This is my trip) -- From the 22nd - 27th of November in Khammam, we (IN09G) were privileged to see 2,701 hear the gospel; to see 179 receive and profess faith in Christ as Lord and Savior; to individually disciple 102 of those new believers; to gather together during the week (after the initial proclamation of the gospel) 585 believers and seekers for teaching and preaching; and to plant 13 new church fellowships during our week there. Thank You Lord God! Do continue to pray our nationals are able to plant additional new churches in the weeks to come.

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. [Acts 4:12]

We praise and exalt You O LORD for indeed You know the beginning from the end: You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; You are my God; I will extol You. Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever! [Psalm 118:28-29] in Jesus' name, AMEN.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glory to God in the Highest. I was just wondering how your trip was going yesterday. So glad you posted the blessings. May you be safe, healthy, and strong in the Lord.