Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections of 2009 - 20 Questions for you

I'm not one to make resolutions because of the reasons below.  (Why set myself up for failure?)  I like this post from (In)Courage and I thought I would pass it along to you, in case you don't know about the site (but you should!)  I plan on reflecting on 2009 with the hubs, whether he wants to or not (ha!) and this list will definitely help.  Happy New Year!



20 Questions for  New Year's Eve Reflection

A new year is a great time to reset your internal clocks, re-calibrate your settings, and re-chart your course. There’s something encouraging and natural about using a fresh calendar page to make new goals in your life, which is why new year’s resolutions are so popular.

But made in haste, resolutions can be pointless at best, discouraging and depressing at worst. When they’re vague, broad, and unreachable, you’re almost setting yourself up for failure. But when they’re specific, productive, and attainable, resolutions can truly be an ebenezer in your life for some healthy changes.

I’m in favor on new year’s resolutions – but why not also use the turn of the clock to reflect on this past year? Before deciding on how you want 2010 to be different than 09, take a moment with your journal and answer some – or all – of these questions.

These questions can be a catalyst for digging deeper into personal reflection, or they can be icebreakers between you and your spouse for a New Year’s Eve conversation. However you want to use them – use them to your benefit.

Reflection Questions for 2009
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
8. What were the best books you read this year?
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
___
If you'd like to print this list, head to Simple Mom for a free PDF download.  And after evaluating these questions, head to the blog tomorrow to find questions to help you plan your goals for 2010.
What are your plans for New Year’s Eve?
by Tsh

Picture from John Haslam (Thank you!)

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I have an award waiting for you over at my site. Thank you for your visits and comments this year.

Mary R Snyder said...

I can't answer all 20 questions... I think my brain would explode. But I love number 20
Phrase that describes 2009:
Full of unexpected blessings and God led changes!

PJ said...

You have an award waiting at my site.

Love & Prayers,

PJ

PJ said...

Hey Cathy! I don't know if you tried to get your award yet, but I was having trouble with the links. They're all fixed now, so "Come and Get it,". LOL! In my mind, I was thinking of when I was being called in for supper when I was a kid.LOL!

Love ya!

PJ