Monday, March 22, 2010

The Lord Within

The Lord Within
From Extraordinary Women

March 22, 2010

By: Julie Clinton, M.A.
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God."

My son Zach looks a lot like his dad. And, of course they love sports. Especially baseball. Tim has pretty much coached Zach since he was four years old. One thing I learned as a mom was that Zach had to hit, field, catch and throw the baseball on his own. Tim couldn’t do it for him. In order to learn, Zach had to do it alone.

Even still, Tim will always be there cheering and coaching Zach whenever and wherever he needs him.

The Lord calls each of us to do infinitely more than we can even imagine. He also teaches us, through His Word, how to accomplish what it is He has called us to do.

Your effectiveness and success in your family, work, ministry, and relationship with the Lord is dependent on His grace and His sufficiency. God is your coach! But, you have to get in the game. When you do, know that He is always there…cheering you on to do great things for His kingdom!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am tired of trying to “do” life by the power of my own self-sufficiency. I confess that I cannot do it on my own and that I need your grace and sufficiency within me. I invite you now into my daily rounds. Teach me O’ Lord to rely on Your strength and may I be completely energized by You. Thank you for freely offering Your strength to me. I receive it now and ask that You help me to rely on You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Bible Readings for the Week Ahead:
Monday: John 10:27-29
Tuesday: Romans 8:38-39
Wednesday: Philippians 1:6
Thursday: 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Friday: Jude 1:24-25
Saturday: Isaiah 40:26
Sunday: Ephesians 3:16, 17

My response:
I am loving the scripture references.  So relevant to what all is going on with me right now.  God is good like that!

*Picture was found here.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Excellent post and reminder. Love the prayer. That's my prayer too Lord.

Andrea said...

Great post and reminder. May GOD bless you beyond measure.
Hugs, andrea

quilly said...

God is good like that. He always meets us right where we need him.