What inspires/motivates you? What does it take to work in the motivated (inspired) state?
- How does it matter how motivated one is?
When people work in a motivated state, there are forty percent fewer sick days, fewer health insurance claims. An employee will give more if inspired by someone. (Less Mondayitis)
- Whose job is it to keep me motivated?
As a leader, it is my job to keep me motivated. No one else can plug in my cord. Take responsibility for my motivation and don’t blame anyone else. Surround yourself with inspiring/motivated people. What type of materials are you reading or reviewing? Make sure players on your team are inspiring people. YOU ARE EITHER MOTIVATING OR DE-MOTIVATING – which one will you choose to be?
- Best way to inspire people around you is the live a motivated/inspired life in front of people.
- What would work look like if people were inspired?
- Participate in exceptionally inspiring events.
- Pay attention to physical disciplines (taking care of self).
- Pay attention to work environment because this can either add to
the motivation or take away from the motivation.
- Have an inspiring hobby or recreation.
- Practice daily spiritual disciplines.
Inspiration is contagious.
Learn inspiration language of members on your team. What inspires them? Is it:
- Public praise?
- Gifts (recognition)?
o I do ________________ [ice cream truck, employee Olympics, derby day, mani/pedi] but people want ______________ [name anything different]. (Not everyone will like what you do to show people appreciation because people have different inspiration language.)
- Remind someone how thankful you are for the good job she is doing.
- Reduce and identify every de-motivating factor.
- Celebrate every sign of progress with your long term goals.
Acts 2:42 – Everyone was inspired or motivated and filled with a sense of awe.