Saturday, June 6, 2009

Have you ever wondered...

...How people come up with the cute and creative blog titles? Yeah, me too. Obviously it's not a skill or talent God has bestowed on me. I figure this will be another random post but I already had one "random title"

First, HOW ARE YOU? I've missed you!

Work has gotten incredibly busy lately! I enjoy being busy but this has been nuts! I'm hoping this is a sign of job security! I've come home at night just pooped and haven't really done anything but sit on the couch and babbled some nonsense and then gone to bed. So, I guess what I'm saying is I haven't taken the time to comment on blogs. Shoot, I'm pretty far behind in reading them too.

We started Beth Moore's Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman bible study last week. Have you done this study? I LOVE IT! Each week, we're given a theme on how it's tough being a woman. This week's theme is "It's Tough Being a Woman in a World where Beauty is a Treatment". Last session I had everyone share what their one cosmetic item was that they couldn't live without or leave the house without and I was suprised at how many of us need some type of moisturizer (either for our face, body or lips)! I think one person said mascara, one for foundation and one for lipstick. If you'd have asked me that question 10 years ago, it would've been hard for me to narrow it down to one! Now, it's facial moisturizer...(It really needs to be mascara because I have NO eyelashes!)

I feel like I really scored on my new purchase! It's the first time I've ordered from the Betty Crocker store. Of course the fact that I don't cook like I should didn't deter me from buying something for the kitchen. It's a Nonstick Everyday Pan from Calphalon and it was a mere $39.99! I also bought a couple of spatulas for $3.99. I can never find flippers when I need them. When I went to pull info for the post, the site says the pan with the glass lid is sold out (already!)

I'm having the hardest time getting these pictures put up and moved around properly. Sorry if they are extra wonky.

Oh, one more thing! I got my daughter's "old" iPod and finally got some Cathy stuff on it. I downloaded Beth Moore's: David, A Heart Like His: Intimate Reflections on the Life of David. I loved that Beth read it! It made getting stuck in traffic bearable :-).

Ok, that's about it for now. Tell me, how are you?!?

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Welcome back!

Funny - the picture of the flippers showed up fine in my reader but almost disappeared when I clicked through to the blog!

Cathy said...

Hi Cathy:

I love the Esther study. It is awesome! Have a great day!

Cathy

Lora said...

I'm glad to hear about your job security Cathy! That is a good thing!

I have done the Esther study and absolutely loved it! I've gotten so much out of every Beth Moore study I've done.

And your pictures look good - you are so good in the tech area Cathy!

Blessings to you!