Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So Long Insecurity...

Two different blogs I read are biblically dealing with insecurity right now.  Is this a coincidence?  No. I don't think so either.

Heart to Heart with Holley is on Part 8 of her series entitled OUT of INsecurity.  If you haven't taken the time to visit Holley's blog - I believe you will blessed once you do.  The other blog is Living Proof Ministries, as its founder, Beth Moore, has written a book called So Long Insecurity.  I might have mentioned it before.

I'm on Chapter 6 of So Long Insecurity, where we're really digging into the reasons for our insecurity.  Fascinating!  (Not my insecurity, of course, the reasons.)

Why am I telling you all of this?  Well, because I wanted to share part of my heart with you.  Many of you (all 3 of you) who read my blog have asked me to pray for you and it is my honor to do so.  (Nothing like bridging the gap between a friend and our Father.)  Well, I need prayer too!  After I share my heart, will you pray for me? 

Or, maybe you're struggling with insecurity and think you're the only one.  If so, you're not alone AT ALL.  Maybe at times we all struggle with some insecurity, but I think we'd be surprised to find out just how many women struggle and battle insecurity.  Does my response to Part 8 of the OUT of INsecurity - reasonate with anyone else?

I'm just struggling right now. Is it because I'm trying to find the roots of my insecurity (I'm reading Mama Beth's book!)? Is it because I'm tired of hanging on to it like a baby holds on to a blankey? I don't know what the reason.



I laugh at the people who say (well, not laugh AT them, I laugh when they say) "You don't seem insecure". I tell them I'm just really secure with my insecurity...is it because I've just let it be such a part of me?

I don't want this part of me. Am I grieving this part as I try to remove it because it's been a part of me for so long? I seem to be grasping on to it for all its worth but pushing all my loved ones out of the way as I pass by.

Prayer and more time with God. This is what I need to remove the blanket of insecurity.

__
Part of my reading this morning was from Psalm 18 - Let's pray these words:

I love you, Lord; you are my strength.
You are my rock, my fortress, and my savior, in whom I find protection.
You are my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.
I call on you Lord, who is worthy of praise, and you saved me from my enemies (my fears, my doubts, my insecurities, my pain, my sorrows, my needs).
In my distress I cried out to You Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help.
You heard me from Your sanctuary; my cry reached Your ears.
You rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but you, oh Lord, supported me.
You led me to a place of safety; You rescued me because YOU delight in me.
You light a lamp for me. The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
In your strength I can crush an army (of my enemies); with my God I can scale any wall.
Your way is perfect. All of Your promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect.
You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great.
You have defeated my enemies – all I had to do was ask.

I praise You, oh Lord, for your faithfulness. Your word never fails and your promises never cease. By the blood that washed me clean as snow, I offer up my prayer in Your son’s Holy name. Amen


*I found the picture here.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me. I have that book downloaded to my PC from Kindle to read, and I even signed up to participate with Beth Moore's site. But I haven't even started yet. However we just started the updated version of Breaking Free tonight, so that's been keeping me busy getting ready for that, plus I'm reading Sheila Walsh's new book about Trusting God. Just so many many good things and I need them all.