Sunday, February 5, 2012

1Peter, weeks 3 and 4


Week 3 of 1 Peter, Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times
by Sue Edwards

I have been working through 1 Peter study. This post will incorporate weeks 3 and 4. (I have trouble blogging on my iPad and I haven't had time while at work computer (off-clock) so I'm a little behind.

Week 3 is based on 1 Peter 2:4-10, Rejoice the You Rock.

The ministry I have been called to do is women's ministry. Women's ministry is such a broad ministry that I am constantly asking God to help define and refine what He desires for me to do. By His grace, I am part of the United Methodist Women, Sunday school class, small group studies. Recently, a door has been opened for me to be a part of a human trafficking ministry. Seems God is opening the door a little wider!

Ms. Sue also asked if we had any special nicknames. Besides the ones of Mom or Mommy, I am sometimes referenced as the energizer bunny. This one cracks me up because I love to nap but I guess I'm seen differently.

Week 4
Shadow the Servant
1 Peter 2:11-25
This is a harder lesson to blog about. It's a lesson on how we are supposed to live, all to the glory of God - not because of how we think we should live.

I worked with a precious woman of God a while back. The people she worked with directly did not act like godly people. She was accused of wrongdoing on a continual basis. The thing was - she always talked about how blessed she was and how God was in control. She didn't bad mouth or slander her boss(es) or fellow coworkers who were also not godly. She and I prayed together and encouraged each other, so I was more in the know than most. However, even on her worst day, you would not know how bad things were. She also did her job to the best of her ability and to God's glory. I think of her example of godliness when I am having a rough day. Unfortunately, I do not think I handle myself as well as she did. Thankfully, the grace of God carries me!


Follow along - Week 1

Thank you Kregel Publications and Sue Edwards for the opportunity to participate in this review and study process of this book!

3 comments:

Kregel Publications said...

So thankful for the grace of God during troubling times... and, er, every Monday :-/ :-)

Thanks for posting during week 4!

Tami @ ThisMomsDelight.com said...

Off topic, but how does blogging work on your iPad? I tried to copy something with my fingers and couldn't figure it out!

(My hubby has the iPad.)

Unknown said...

The ipad app for blogging is ok. I prefer to blog on a "real" computer because I feel like I have more control over the formatting and addition of images and links.

Thanks for stopping by!