Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-In

Time again for Wednesday Weigh-In!  Check out last week's post for more information.

Yesterday at the big weigh-in, I lost another 1.6 lbs!  This brings my total up (or down) to 6.6 lbs.  Yippee!

From the Weight Watchers' site, here's a recipe for Chicken Salad (yum)!

POINTS® Value: 3

Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Weight Watchers lightened up this sandwich favorite with reduced-calorie mayonnaise and sour cream. (For a Waldorf-like chicken salad, stir in 1/3 cup of diced apples and 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts.*)

Ingredients

3/4 pound(s) cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup(s) celery, finely diced
1/3 cup(s) dill pickle(s), or sweet gherkins, finely diced
1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground


Instructions
Place all ingredients in a large bowl; mix until blended. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.
Notes
*Could affect POINTS values.

You remember the shake recipe I posted from HungryGirl?  I haven't tried that particular shake, but I have been using Vanilla Soy Milk in my smoothies!  Soy milk, at least when mixed with fruit, isn't so bad.  It's much better for you than milk.  Give it a shot.  If I get around to being brave enough to use it in cereal or lattes, I'll let you know.
 
I challenged one of my fellow co-members to make something new before we saw each other again, and now I'm issuing the challenge to you too!  If you're stuck in a food rut, pull out those cookbooks and try something new.  Or, try one of the recipes I have listed up here.  Then, come back and tell me about it!
 
Until next time, bon apetit!

0 comments: